December 11, 2018
October 23, 2018
July 31, 2018
May 25, 2018
Established in 1991, Airborne Engines is an Approved Repair and Overhaul facility for maintaining helicopter turbine engines. As a company, we provide a service to our customers with a strong focus on safety and quality in our continual mission to build customer confidence and company reputation. With a clean, bright and an impressive machine shop we are able to differentiate ourselves from our competition ultimately developing a reputation for a high quality turbine engine. If you are an individual interested in joining a growing, stable, clean, team environment and have a strong sense of self-governance on high quality meeting the requirements below please consider applying to this position.
Airborne Engines ltd is looking to fulfill a full time position as a Journeyman Machinist with annual salary based on experience, plus company benefits. There is currently one position available for the right candidate to join a team of highly specialized and talented group of professionals.
The ideal candidate must be talented on Vertical Milling Machines, Engine Lathes and must possess a high attention to detail as well as great communication skills. The candidate must be able to govern themselves in honesty, reliability, work ethics and teamwork. The candidate will be responsible for repairing aircraft turbine engine parts to a high degree of quality and safety in addition to the following;
- Candidate will have to be comfortable working to tight tolerances of 0.0005”-0.001” repairing aircraft engine parts on manual machining centers.
- Candidates must have strong reading ability to interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts, tables, engine manufactures processes and procedures.
- Candidates must have strong numeracy skills to accurately calculate and machine to dimensions as specified in the processes or procedures.
- Candidates must be able to plan and determine best work processes, following the published allowances and corrections.
- Candidates must be able to problem solve and communicate unforeseen circumstances.
- Candidates must make decision and use critical thinking about the materials or tools to use for specific jobs.
- Candidates must possess a strong aptitude on operating Vertical Milling Machines.
- Candidates must possess a strong aptitude on operating Engine Lathes.
- Additional expectations are to operate drill presses, bench grinders, tool grinders, hand tools and pneumatic tools. Measuring equipment such as OD & ID micrometers, bore micrometers, Vernier Calipers, gauge blocks and pins, height gauges, thickness gauges, depth gauges and dial indicators.
- Familiar with setting up and mounting irregular parts in custom fixtures to perform machining functions.
- Familiar with machining Titanium, Alloy Steels, Stainless Steel, Inconel, Aluminum and Magnesium using controlled published repair documentation.
- Familiar with manufacturing and installing threaded inserts, bushing, bearing cages and sleeves using controlled published repair documentation.
- Candidates must possess a Journeyman Certificate along with Red Seal Endorsement and a minimum of 10 years’ experience as a machinist.
- Experience operating CNC Lathe and Milling centers.
- Familiar with Haas VF-5 Milling Center or Okuma Cadet V4020 using Bobcad software is an asset.
- Confident on manual G-Code editing is an asset.
- Familiar with cylindrical grinding is an asset.
- Understanding Canadian Aviation Regulations is an asset.
High School Diploma
Completion College or Technical training. Machinist Red Seal certification
CAMC Aviation Machinist Certification is an asset.
Tool and Die Trades Certificate an asset